Saturday, September 6, 2008

Rainy days...

I hate England. Not hate, as in hate hate..but i just hate England! You know what i mean? It has the most horrible weather on the face of the earth!
Not only is the wather the most horrible, but it also seems to be quite clever. Theweather actually knows the dates!

Sit tight, let me explain what i mean!!

I was too busy (I still am), working hard, making ends meet as regards my dissertation! Infact too busy to enjoy the summer! Apparently, British summer is the nest time of the year, but I was too busy to notice.....and i will forever rue the missed opportunity!

So, i wake up one morning,some days ago, and a few classmates tell me:

"..summer is officially over! Y'de was the last day of summer"

Iam like "What??!! What d'ya mean?"

"Because its already Sep31st, and according to the calendar, that is he official end of summer"
So i was like, should i agree with these guys, or not!! I walked out of the computercluster, and everything seemed bright! The sun was up. What were these guyst alkingabout? Thye do not know a thing! Do they think they are weather menor something. For God's sakes, they are all a bunchof Chemical engineers..and all they do is.....

Fast forward! Two days later. I wake up in a good mood. Dress up for the summer, t-shirt,sandals and all! Grab my bag, heading for thecomputer cluster! I never even bothered to look through the window of my 7th floor Silver Core apartment!

No sooner, did i step out than I amlost began freezing! Temperatures had dropped by over 15 degrees in two days! I coudnt beleive it.

As i looked through my window now, it seems to be sunny..so deceptively sunner! But other than a few other things in life,never trust the weather in this city! It rans anytime...paka even a guy likeme is learning how to carry an umbrella with me! Well,the proof is that I have now lost a few..left them wherever i went!

Perhaps the most exciting thing thing to ever happen in this city in the last couple of days are the arrival of 1) Berbs..last minute swoop!! 2)The new British record in theform of the baby faced,finger sucking Robinho 3)the money bags ADUG!

Unfortunately(or fourtunately),am a true loyalist, my heart lies in the Emirates!! I gotta get back to work..

2 comments:

Petite Femme said...

U mean August 31...not Sept, cuz my calendar says today is just the 6th day of Sept.

But yeah, the summer is officially over! The winter is on us, I can see it in the distance.

I also didn't notice the summer, save for a few scatters days with over 25Degree temps.

Felix said...

Yeah,we use the same calendar! We are 6days after summer! Who cares, it was a rainy one after all.

True. Days of hibernation await us!

I will have to figure out how to stumble out of bed and wobble to work!

Ideas welcome!!