Saturday, September 6, 2008

Every messed family!!

This article was inspired by Cheri's piece about her cousin; my mind ran back to a couple of years ago!

Wait, let me allow Cheri to finish clapping for herself!!

The story is about a cousin. Yeah, it is always about cousins. Actually he is an uncle, because he is my mum's cousin. But since he is relatively younger, I prefer to call him cousin...you know, Ugandan style! In Uganda everyone is a cousin.

I remember this dude, a buddy of mine back then in secondary school...we were in a boy's school. And then there was this girl's school not too far from her...that girls' school was the place every guy wanted to date a girl from. Actually, it was generally referred to as ZOO...or sometimes Zoo-zone

This buddy of mine, Vincent, then we were in Form 1 knew some many girls, all the way from Form 1 to Form 6,and he just used to say they are his cousins! Of course he wasn’t going out with them, a young tiny Form 1 kid, with like over 15 cousins in one school. Unbelievable. But anyhow, he was never bullied at school. Older boys needed him to get through to his 'cousins'!

Anyway, back to my own 'cousin' story. You know, after reading a lot of books on globalisation, rise of China, India....global market forces blah blah, I used to religiously tell all my relatives that in a globalised world, competition is always tight, always keep ahead of the pack!

One of own cuzo took my advice too seriously...he became a dad at 16.

Was beaten at my own game! I have vowed never again to pass certain useful pieces of advice anyhow. I now have to carefully decide how I want to tell what to whomever.

PS:By the title, I meant to say every family has a mess somewhere! Perfectionis very elusive.

1 comment:

Petite Femme said...

Clapping for myself???

Why on earth, this chic has solely embarassed me.

Nobody is perfect. But that's one mess.