Saturday, June 5, 2010

As Others See Us

Found the poem below on a tea towl. Yeah, I know...quite a weird place to find a poem! I thought i would share it. I found it quite interesting.

I do not know who wrote it, for the tea towel gave no clues! I didnt bother doing a bit of googling to answer that question, because honoestly, i could not be bothered! Yeah?!!

Herein below, is the poem presented verbatim.

As Others See Us

There were the Scots
Who kept the Sabbath
And everything else
they could lay their hands on.


Then there were the Welsh
Who prayed on their knees
and their neighbours.


Thirdly, there were the Irish
Who never knew what they wanted
But were willing to fight for it
anyway

Lastly there were the English
Woo considered themsleves
a self-made nation
Thus relieving the Almighty
of a dreadful responsibility.

4 comments:

the emrys said...

lol, i especially like the part about the english...so true of them

Felix said...

Thx. I love these guys,they are brilliant!!

lulu said...

interestying, did this have anything to do with world cup or just just?

Felix said...

Not necessarily the World Cup,it gives a glimpse into their whole psyche. i would lvoe to take the credit for this, but its not my poem.