Thursday, February 22, 2007

Opening up my blog

I have always thought of opening up a blog, I realize its one of the easiest ways of expressing your opinion to masses of people across the global village. Of course I had my doubts that I might not be able to follow through and keep putting in articles. After all am always very busy with office stuff and the pressures and vicissitudes of life. You know sometimes am afraid of starting something that am not sure whether I will through. I might just write an article, and that’s the end of my blogs!

It all started when I was in China, and I became a bit bored. I wanted to read papers, but I could only do it online. Some how I started checking out whether Rodney Muhumuza or Ernest Bazanye had written any recent articles. Baz has an sense of humor, bordering on intellectual sarcasm, while I just like the way Rodney writes his articles, he know how to express himself and has a good command of the Queen’s language. Plus he is quite an intelligent guy. It was then that I came face-to-face with bloggers. I started reading what other people had written.

So, on 21st Feb, 2007, I was meeting with a group of friends one evening having coffee, David (journalist), Geopfrery (lawyer) and Denis (Engineering student) and we got to discuss all the intellectual stuff from politics, general life and everything else that young, bright people always like to discuss. And in the middle of that, we even talked about journalism without borders, Thomas Friedman mentioned in the middle of his latest book “The Worlds if flat”. A friend lent me the book to read while on the plane, since I was going to China. I must really confess right now, the book is the bomb. Go to the nearest book shop, and get yourself a copy. That’s one those book that u read and keep a copy on your shelf. Ever heard the saying, a man is measured by what he reads!!
Back to the main story, this morning, am reading an interesting article entitled “Inactions Regrets: Go jump off the cliff” by Mark Batterson. And I just want to comment and share my comments by people, that’s when it just dawned on me that I should open up my blog. I mean why not?
So here I am. Pray that the vicissitudes and pressures of life do not keep me away from writing in more.

No comments: